Welcome, one and all, to the third and final installment of the 2010 Workman Holiday Gift Guide Extravaganzaaaa! (Are you tired of all those A’s yet?) By now you’ve found the perfect gift for the kids in your life (Part 1) and the adult members of your family (Part 2). So now it’s time to take care of the rest of your list: your friends! Read on to find out what Workman employees are giving their Might-as-Well-Be-Family Friends this holiday season.
- “I’m giving Water for Elephants to the only friend I can think of who hasn’t read it yet, and A Reliable Wife to all of the others, because who doesn’t love a great read?” —Kendra
- “Everyone on my list is getting the DC Comics Super Heroes and Villains Fandex, because I’m darn proud of it.” —Randall
- “I got Children Learn What They Live and Teenagers Learn What They Live for the Program Director and the parents I attend classes with through the Children’s Aid Society. The Darts! Calendar is what I will be giving my Sunday School students; the 365 Bible Verses a Year Calendar for the other teachers; and the 365 Puppies a Year Calendar for my neighbor, because my daughter dog-sits for her throughout the year while she’s on vacation.” —Jean
- “The Sound of a Wild Snail Eating is going to a “sensitive” and “contemplative” friend. One friend’s getting Heart of the Artichoke just because it’s so good and any cook should like it. And, always, Love, Loss, and What I Wore to every woman I’d not given it to before.” —Carolan
- “I already gave Can I Wear My Nose Ring to the Interview?—such a valid question!—as an early holiday gift to a bunch of my fellow recent grads who are now on the hunt for jobs.” —Avery
- “I’m giving Stitch ‘n Bitch to a friend who has just discovered the joy of yarn. And Curly Girl is going to my roommate, who has some of the most beautiful—and corkscrew-y—hair I’ve ever seen.” —Erin
- “Some of my favorite calendars to give include The Talking Fortune Teller Calendar (for my wacky tarot-card reading cousin), Trout of North America, 365 Sports Facts-a-Year, the Dog Page-a-Day Gallery Calendar, the Smart Sudoku Page-a-Day Calendar, and the Audubon Birds of America Calendar—all reflecting passions of my loved ones.” —Melissa
There you have it! The 2010 Workman Holiday Gift Guide…well, you know. We hope this list helps provide some guidance in your holiday shopping this season, so you can show your friends and family how much you care with a gift that’s just right for them. Happy holidays!