To celebrate Valentine’s Day, and inspired by the book The List: A Love Story in 781 Chapters by Aneva Stout, we invited several members of the Workman staff to each write a short form love story in just 5 to 7 numbered “chapters.” Our penultimate love story for today is written by an anonymous member of the sales department, aka In Progress. Enjoy!
The Short List:
A Grown-Up Love Story by In Progress
- You’ll agree to be set up on a blind date by a friend.
- The date will go well, but it’ll turn out that the date is “seeing someone else”
- The date will go badly, and your friend will be noticeably cooler towards you
- You’ll be skeptical of blind dates in the future.
- You’ll get lonely, and ask girlfriends of friends if they have
any single friends.
- Your relationships with your friends’ girlfriends will noticeably
- You’ll decide to try online dating.
- You’ll set up an account
- You’ll go on a date
- You’ll never update your account, or look at it, ever again
- You’ll meet someone at a bar.
- You’ll feel like a grown-up.
- and a teenager
The format of this story was inspired by the book, The List: A Love Story in 781 Chapters.