While popular opinion on favored potatoes – sweet versus russet – is split, this easy, three-step sweet potato casserole from 500 Treasured Country Recipes from Martha Storey and Friends should please spud-lovers of all persuasions.
- 4 large sweet potatoes, baked and peeled
- 1 pound carrots, cooked
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- ½ cup sour cream or plain yogurt, or ¼ cup of each
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 1½- to 2-quart casserole.
2. In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, or a food mill, purée the potatoes and carrots. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Stir in the butter, sour cream, brown sugar, nutmeg, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
3. Spread the mixture in the casserole; bake until heated through, about 25 minutes.
For more recipes like this, check out 500 Treasured Country Recipes from Martha Storey and Friends —just $3.99 for the holidays!