If you’re feeling a little bit sluggish after these past few weeks of excess, you’re not alone. Give yourself a jolt via of shot of nature’s espresso. (Jitters not included.)
Morning Power Shot
This spicy, ginger-flavored lemonade contains gingerroot, a pungent, moderately hot herb that enhances energy by increasing circulation throughout the body. Combined with a pinch of cayenne and vitamin C–rich lemon juice, the blend enlivens the senses, provides a rosy glow to the complexion, warms the body from head to toe, helps relieve indigestion, constipation, and motion sickness, and clears sinus and respiratory congestion.
- ½ cup purified water
- juice of 1 medium lemon (¼–⅓ cup)
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot, peeled, very finely minced
- 2 teaspoons raw honey
- pinch of cayenne pepper
1. Heat the water to just shy of a simmer in a small saucepan. Remove from heat.
2. Put the lemon juice, gingerroot, honey, and cayenne in a medium mug and then pour in the hot water. Stir to blend and allow the mixture to steep for 4 to 5 minutes. The longer it steeps, the stronger and more potent the ginger becomes.
3. Drink quickly, ginger bits and all, when the juice blend is comfortably warm. Feel the hot energy coursing through your veins! Raring to go now, aren’t you?
Click here for 7 all-natural ways to boost your immune system this holiday season.
For more recipes like this, check out Raw Energy by Stephanie L. Tourles—just $2.99 for the holidays!