Who says gluten-free desserts have to be bland or boring? Kelli and Peter Bronski have perfected delectable artisanal gluten-free recipes – including this recipe for flourless chocolate cupcakes, topped with decadent chocolate ganache, perfect for Valentine’s Day.
Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes
Makes 24 cupcakes
This naturally gluten-free cupcake is rich and decadent. The flourless chocolate cake and Poured Chocolate Ganache are a chocolate lover’s dream; the fresh berries cut through with a pleasing sweetness.
- Melted butter or nonstick cooking spray
- ½ cup water
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces bittersweet chocolate (about 2⅔ cups chips or pieces)
- 1 cup salted butter (2 sticks)
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon GF pure vanilla extract
- Poured Chocolate Ganache (recipe follows)
- 2 cups fresh berries
TO MAKE THE CUPCAKES
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Brush the cupcake tins with the melted butter.
- In a medium saucepan, stir together the water, sugar, and salt.
- Add the chocolate and butter and heat over medium-low heat, stirring until the chocolate and butter are completely melted.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and vanilla.
- Slowly pour the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture, whisking constantly.
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared cups. Each cup should be filled almost to the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool in the tins for 10 minutes.
- Carefully run the tip of a thin knife around each cupcake to separate the cake from the edges of the tins. Turn the tins over onto a wire rack so the cupcakes drop out. Let them cool completely.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, make the Poured Chocolate Ganache.
TO FINISH THE CUPCAKES
- Place a sheet pan or cookie sheet beneath your cooling rack to catch any excess ganache.
- Pour the ganache over each cupcake and use a knife to spread it toward the edges, allowing it to run down the sides.
- Garnish with the fresh berries.
- Serve the cupcakes with plates and fork.
POURED CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate (about 2 cups chips or pieces)
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- Put the chocolate in a bowl.
- Heat the heavy cream to a simmer in a saucepan.
- Pour the cream over the chocolate and let sit for 1 minute.
- Stir the chocolate and cream together until the chocolate melts completely. Use the ganache while it is still warm.
For more delicious gluten-free recipes like this one, check out Artisanal Gluten-Free Cupcakes by Kelli & Peter Bronski!