Instagram Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN.
- Eligibility: INSTAGRAM SWEEPSTAKES (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States (and the District of Columbia) 18 years and older. Employees, officers and representatives of Workman Publishing Co., Inc. as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee, officer or representative are not eligible to participate. The Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state, provincial, and local laws and regulations. Odds of winning in the Sweepstakes will depend on the number of eligible entries received for the drawings. VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Sponsor: Workman Publishing Co., Inc., 225 Varick St., New York, NY 10014 (The “Sponsor”).
- Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these official rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding. Failure to comply with any of these rules may result in disqualification from Sweepstakes.
- Timing: Begins at 8AM ET on Friday July 3, 2015 and ends at 5 PM ET on Friday July 10, 2015.
- How to Enter: Enter by liking the photo associated with these rules and following @WorkmanPub on Instagram between 8AM ET Friday July 3, 2015 and 5 PM ET on Friday July 10, 2015.
- Selection of Winners: One (1) Grand Prize winner will be chosen at random in a drawing conducted on or about Wednesday June 17, 2015, from all eligible entries received. Sponsor will notify Winner by commenting on the Instagram photo with their handle. Winner will be required to email firstname.lastname@example.org to provide his/her address for mailing of the prize. If the winner cannot be reached or does not acknowledge notification within five (5) days of the first notification attempt, the prize will be forfeited and an alternative winner will be selected at random from the remaining eligible entries.
- Sweepstakes Prizes:
One (1) Grand Prize: The grand prize winner will each receive one copy of The New England Open-House Cookbook book. Approximate total retail value of $39.95.
For all prizes:
No cash or other substitution, assignment or transfer of prizes permitted except by Sponsor, which reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize component with another of comparable or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for any taxes or similar charges associated with prize receipt and/or use.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s use of winner’s name, likeness, voice, opinions, biographical information, hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil law, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Release: By entering this sweepstakes, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless, Sponsor, its affiliates and related companies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: IN NO EVENT SHALL SPONSOR, THEIR AFFILIATES AND RELATED COMPANIES, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS COLLECTIVELY HEREIN, PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR: (I) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE MALFUNCTIONING OF ANY COMPUTER, CABLE, NETWORK, HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE; (II) THE UNAVAILABILITY OR INACCESSIBILITY OF ANY TRANSMISSIONS OR TELEPHONE OR INTERNET SERVICE; (III) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE SWEEPSTAKES; (IV) ELECTRONIC OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES; (V) ANY INJURY, LOSS, CLAIM, DAMAGE, OR SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOST PROFITS OR LOST SAVINGS), WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ENTRANT’S COMPUTER, HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE, WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR THAT ARISE OUT OF OR ARE IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE MOM 100.COM WEBSITE OR THE SERVICES OR MATERIALS ON THE SITE,OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. YOUR USE OF THE SITE SHALL BE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Disputes: Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the courts of the state of New York and the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York or any courts successors thereto in respect of any controversy which may arise out of or in relation to this Agreement or its performance and each party hereby waives any objections to such jurisdiction and venue; and (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion but in no event attorneys’ fees. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
- Winners List: Sweepstakes results may be obtained after April 31, 2015 by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Marketing Department, Workman Publishing, 225 Varick Street, New York, NY 10014
- Entrant’s Personal Information: Excluding the terms of Section 8, Publicity, above, all other personally-identifiable information collected from entrants is subject to Sponsor’s Privacy Policies located at http://www.workman.com/about/privacy/.