Make your vases special this spring with Washi Tape Crafts: 110 Ways to Decorate Just About Anything.
Do you have a window ledge that needs a little something extra? There’s no empty space that couldn’t be improved with some fresh blooms. Here’s the vessel to make it happen! Just grab some tired glassware (recycled works, too) and get washi taping. You’re going to love the results.
Dollar Store Home Decor Vases
- Glassware/jars (from a dollar store or dollar bins at your local craft store)
- Enamel paint, in colors of your choice
- Washi tape, in 3 coordinating colors
- Craft knife
- Wash and dry the glassware.
- Paint the insides of the jars using glass enamel paint if you intent to fill the vases with dry goods. Paint the outsides if you intend to fill the vases with water.
- Center and press a strip of washi tape running vertically from the top to the bottom of the vase. Add a strip of coordinating tape parallel to and other side of the strip. Note: on a smaller vase, three strips across may not fit. Locate the center, and place two strips vertically, about 1/8″ from the vertical center line.
- Continue adding strips of tape until each vase has 2 to 3 parallel strips down the front.
Don’t forget to check out the book!
About the Book:
It’s the definitive washi tape craft book for adults. Washi tape—the Japanese decorative paper tape that’s easy to tear, peel, stick and re-stick—is transformative, fun, and remarkably easy to use. It’s also never been hotter. Now comes the only adult washi tape craft book packaged with the tape itself—ten rolls, with 18 feet in each roll—making it a complete kit and outstanding value. Packed full of amazing projects and ideas, it’s the book and tape kit that shows all the ways to be creative with washi tape. The book includes techniques: precision tearing, wrapping, and weaving. How to make bows, rosettes, and other shapes. How to seal and weatherproof designs to make them permanent. And 110 projects, with color photographs and step-by-step instructions, from custom photo frames to one-of-a-kind gifts. The possibilities are endless.