Know a nature addict? Or perhaps someone who could use a little more time away from their devices? Here are the best gifts to revel in the marvels of nature.
For the casual gardener:
- Garden Flora by Noel Kingsbury: Every garden plant has an origination story, and Garden Flora, by noted garden designer Noel Kingsbury, shares them in a beautifully compelling way.
- Winter Bulb Garden: A lovely way to add a refreshing touch of spring beauty and fragrance to a winter-weary home
- An Etsy Planter: Buy your loved one a unique, handmade planter to adorn their home.
For the burgeoning landscape architect:
- The Bold Dry Garden by Johanna Silver: Packed with growing and maintenance tips, profiles of signature plants for a dry garden, and innovative design techniques, this book has everything you need to create a garden that is lush, water-wise, and welcoming.
- Pigma Micron Ink Pen Set: The sketching pens preferred by professionals for accuracy, minute detailing, and preservation.
- A Collection of Succulents: Beautify any home with these water wise plants.
For your nature starter pack:
- Vitamin N by Richard Louv: From the author of the New York Times bestseller that defined nature-deficit disorder and launched the international children-and-nature movement, Vitamin N (for “nature”) is a complete prescription for connecting with the power and joy of the natural world.
- Organic Sun Screen: Don’t let a sunburn ruin a newfound friendship with the Great Outdoors.
- Waterproof, Close Focus Binoculars: To truly take in the wonder of the natural world.
For the hiker:
- How to Read Water by Tristan Gooley: Read the sea like a Viking and interpret ponds like a Polynesian—with a little help from the “natural navigator”!
- Yaktrax Walk Traction Cleats: The best lightweight traction cleats to the outdoorsman intent on walking on snow and ice.
- Stainless King Thermos: Make sure your explorer stays hydrated with this thermos that’s designed to keep liquids hot or cold for twenty-four hours.
For the armchair gardener:
- Gardenista by Michelle Slatalla: Our homes’ outdoor spaces can—and should—be as welcoming and carefully considered as our living rooms. With that in mind, here is the definitive guide to stylish outdoor spaces, full of do-it-yourself projects and easy-to-implement design ideas.
- Iron Lanterns: Hang one or cluster a few together on a table to add ambiance to your next backyard affair.
- Rainwater Tank Amphora: Collect (chlorine-free) rainwater to use in your garden with this stylish tank.