Know someone who has a taste for the finer things in life? It can be tough for shop for the gal or guy that has everything, but these suggestions will point you in the right direction.
For the decoupage lover:
- John Derian Picture Book by John Derian: From intensely colored flowers and birds to curious portraits, hand-drawn letters, and breathtaking landscapes, the best of John Derian is here. It’s a work of art in and of itself that is destined to become the gift book of the season.
- John Derian Paperless Post Stationery: John Derian re-imagines the vintage artwork from his personal archives as beautiful, humorous, and sometimes eerie pieces of stationary.
- Painted Rose Pitcher: A standout piece from the collaboration between Derian and Astier de Villatte.
For the ballet and theater crazy:
- Dancers After Dark by Jordan Matter: An amazing celebration of the human body and the human spirit, as dancers, photographed nude and at night, strike poses of fearless beauty.
- Tickets to the American Ballet Theater: Experience the wonder of one of the world’s leading classical ballet companies.
- James McMullan Print: Purchase and frame a print from the unparalleled illustrator and designer of theatrical posters.
For luxury outdoorsman:
- Wildlife Spectacles by Vladimir Dinets: Equal parts nature guide, adventure story, and coffee table book, Vladimer Dinets dives deep into our fascination with wild animals, allowing curious readers to discover just how spectacular wild animals can be.
- National Geographic Expedition: Pick a destination, trip type, and departure month, and have NatGeo take care of the rest.
- Arc’teryx Jacket: Bundle up with a coat from the company most trusted for high performance outerwear.
For the happy host(ess):
- Savor by Ilona Oppenheim: A stunning cookbook that celebrates rustic good food made from natural ingredients.
- Handmade Gunmetal Dinnerware: A unique, handmade design to showcase at your next dinner part.
- Japanese Mortar and Pestle: A beautiful take on the tool essential to grinding spices, mashing herbs, and making pastes.
For the style obsessed:
- The Cool Factor by Andrea Linett: In this photo-packed guide, Andrea Linett, a famed personal stylist and founding creative director of Lucky magazine, offers easy-to-implement, actionable tips that will change the way women dress.
- Leather Bomber Jacket: The classic staple of every Cool Girl’s closet.
- Barneys Shoulder Bag: A timeless style to take from day to night.