“I’ll have ALL the sides, please.”
Looking to eat a bit healthier in the New Year? We’re with you (as is the rest of the planet).
This month, we’re taking inspiration from the market sides at our local favorite, Westville, ditching the meat, and filling up our plates with colorful veggies instead. Make your own market plate with 3 or 4 of these recipes and you’ll have a delicious meal that’ll leave you feeling satisfied and virtuous.
Here are some market plate combinations we love (but mix and match as you see fit):
Rebecca’s Market Plate Picks
- Kale Salad with Currants, Pine Nuts, and Lemon-Thyme Vinaigrette from Crossroads
- Mexican Street Corn from Good and Cheap
- Caramelized Broccoli (with Chile Oil and Parmesan) from The Vegetable Butcher
- Russian Potato Salad from Smashed, Mashed, Boiled, and Baked
Louisa’s Market Plate Picks
- Greek Tabbouleh Salad from Dinner Solved!
- Stuffed Grape Leaves from Cooking with Loula
- Roasted Beet & Orange Salad with Pistachios and Feta from Sheet Pan Suppers
Laura’s Market Plate Picks
- Cauliflower “Rice” from Peace & Parsnips
- Woodsy Wild Mushroom Saute from The Silver Palate Cookbook
- Baby Spinach with Garlic and Lemon from The Earthbound Cook
- Indian-Spiced Cauliflower and Carrots from Mad-Hungry Family