From chokers to platforms to track pants, ’90s trends are everywhere right now. But were you a real ’90s kid, or just a poser? Here are some things ’90s kids knew and loved.
1. Walkie-talkies were your preferred form of communication.
As long as the person you wanted to talk to was within 30 feet.
2. A rainbow-colored Slinky could mesmerize you (until it got tangled).
Probably still would, tbh.
3. Your collection of Beanie Babies verged on hoarder territory.
“But it’s an INVESTMENT, Mom!!!”
4. Your never went anywhere without your Tamagotchi.
Were we the only ones whose pets kept dying?
5. All That was your SNL
Couldn’t go a day without hearing someone say, “Welcome to Good Burger, home of the Good Burger, can I take your order?”
6. You spent hours wandering around Blockbuster on the weekends trying to pick the perfect movie.
Those late fees were killer.
7. You worshipped at the feet of an organizationally minded rainbow enthusiast.
Nothing takes us back to third grade like one of Lisa Frank’s folders.
8. You played with Brain Quest decks.
Now in its 25th year, Brain Quest is still America’s #1 educational bestseller, with more than 45 million copies in print. But do you remember this commercial from 1996?
Revisit all the educational fun here.