NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN.
- Eligibility: Friendshipping x Meetup SWEEPSTAKES (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States (and the District of Columbia), 18 years or older at time of entry. Employees, officers and representatives of either Workman Publishing Co., Inc. or Meetup LLC, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee, officer or representative are not eligible to participate. The Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state, provincial, and local laws and regulations. Odds of winning in the Sweepstakes will depend on the number of eligible entries received for the drawing. VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Sponsor: Workman Publishing Co., Inc., 225 Varick St., New York, NY 10014 (the “Sponsor”).
- Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding. Failure to comply with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification from Sweepstakes.
- Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on February 17, 2021 at 9:00am EST and ends on February 22, 2021 at 11:59pm EST.
- How to Enter: Using your Instagram account (which can be created for free), like the @WorkmanPub Sweepstakes Instagram post, tag one friend in a comment on the @WorkmanPub Sweepstakes Instagram post, and follow @WorkmanPub and @meetup on Instagram. No purchase, entry fee or payment is necessary to enter the Sweepstakes. No mechanically reproduced entries will be accepted. Entries must be submitted no later than February 22, 2021 at 11:59 EST. Entries are limited to individuals only; commercial enterprises and business entities are not eligible. Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry of information by entrants; lost entries or transmissions; interrupted or unavailable network, server, or other connections; scrambled transmissions or other errors or problems of any kind whether mechanical, human, or electronic, technical malfunctions of the computer hardware, software, or any combination thereof; or problems associated with any virus or any other damage caused to entrants’ systems. Incomplete entries will be voided. Entries using false contact information or another person’s Instagram account or otherwise submitted in violation of these Official Rules will be disqualified.
- Selection of Winners: Two (2) winners will be chosen at random in a drawing conducted on February 24, 2021 from all eligible entries received. The winners will be notified via Instagram by February 28, 2021. If a winner cannot be reached or does not acknowledge notification within five (5) days of the first notification attempt, the prize will be forfeited and an alternative winner will be selected at random from the remaining eligible entries.
- Sweepstakes Prize:
Two (2) winners will each receive one (1) copy of the book: Friendshipping. Approximate retail value: $14.95. For all prizes: No cash or other substitution, assignment or transfer of prize permitted except by Sponsor, which reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize component with another of comparable or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for any taxes or similar charges associated with prize receipt and/or use.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited, acceptance of a Sweepstakes prize constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and Meetup LLC’s (“Meetup”) use of winner’s name, likeness, voice, opinions, biographical information, hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media without further notice, right of approval, payment, or consideration.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil law, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Release: By entering the Sweepstakes, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless, Sponsor, Meetup, their affiliates and related companies, Instagram, Inc., and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: IN NO EVENT SHALL SPONSOR, MEETUP, OR EITHER OF THEIR AFFILIATES AND RELATED COMPANIES, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS COLLECTIVELY HEREIN, PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR: (I) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE MALFUNCTIONING OF ANY COMPUTER, CABLE, NETWORK, HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE; (II) THE UNAVAILABILITY OR INACCESSIBILITY OF ANY TRANSMISSIONS OR TELEPHONE OR INTERNET SERVICE; (III) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE SWEEPSTAKES; (IV) ELECTRONIC OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES; (V) ANY INJURY, LOSS, CLAIM, DAMAGE, OR SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOST PROFITS OR LOST SAVINGS), WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ENTRANT’S COMPUTER, HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE, WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR THAT ARISE OUT OF OR ARE IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE WORKMAN.COM WEBSITE, THE MEETUP.COM WEBSITE OR MOBILE APPLICATIONS, OR THE SERVICES OR MATERIALS ON THOSE SITES OR APPLICATIONS. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. YOUR USE OF THE SITE SHALL BE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Disputes: Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the courts of the state of New York and the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York or any courts successors thereto in respect of any controversy which may arise out of or in relation to this Agreement or its performance and each party hereby waives any objections to such jurisdiction and venue; and (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
- Winners List: Sweepstakes results may be obtained after March 15, 2021 by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Sweepstakes Winner, Workman Publishing Co., Inc., 225 Varick Street, New York, NY 10014.