Paper straws are very trendy, and everyone is using them at parties to serve up delicious punches and other beverages. These washi tape super straw flags allow your guests to write their name directly on the washi tape for drink identification purposes. Not only are they just plain cute—you’ll never misplace your mojito again!
- Paper straws
- Washi tape
- Pen or permanent marker (optional)
1. Tear off an approximately 5″ length of washi tape and lay it adhesive side up on your work surface.
2. Place a paper straw in the center of the tape, making sure the top of the straw is about 1″ to 2″ past the edge of the tape.
3. Fold the tape over onto itself, catching the straw in the middle.
4. Cut a small triangle or V shape into the end of the tape flag with scissors, so that each flag ends in a dovetail shape.
5. Use a marker or pen to write a name or fun saying onto the flag for your guests, if you like!
Excerpted from Amy Anderson’s Washi Tape Crafts.