Excerpted from Christy Jordan’s Sweetness.
I first had this pie at the Loveless Cafe in Nashville, and let me tell you, I fell for it hard. I contacted the Sun-Maid raisin company and got permission to share the recipe. If you, like me, love a delicious warm oatmeal raisin cookie, you’ll think this one is a treasure!
Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Pie
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- ¾ cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup raisins (preferably Sun-Maid natural)
- One 9-inch graham cracker pie crust
- Preheat the oven to 325˚F.
- Beat together the eggs, corn syrup, brown sugar, and butter with a whisk or spoon in a medium-size mixing bowl.
- Add the oats, flour, cinnamon, salt, and raisins and stir again until well mixed. Pour the batter into the pie crust and place the pie on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake until the top is golden brown and the filling is just set in the center, 45 to 50 minutes. Allow to cool completely.